Monday, February 15, 2010

Visit with Granny & Papa Wilson




As promised, I wanted to share the weekend we had with Granny & Papa when they came to visit for four days. We all had such a wonderful time, the only bummer was that my hunny was sick and had a reaction to the medicine he was taking...but he was a trooper and still managed to get through it, love you babe!!!



G & P couldn't get enough of Harper, no surprise there, but I honestly can say she hardly spent any time not being held the entire time they were here...can we say, SPOILED! Another member of the family who was spoiled was our dog Jack, my dad took him on multiple walks per day...Jack is really missing his friend now! I have to admit though, it was really great having extra hands, it gave Mommy so much more freedom! Mom & I got out of the house to do a little shopping and Chris and I even had a date night...we went out to dinner and enjoyed spending time together, but we missed our little girl even though we weren't gone long at all! We also tried an awesome pulled pork recipe in the crockpot and it turned out amazing, we all enjoyed pulled pork tacos for dinner Friday night, super yummy!



Overall, the visit was a bit bittersweet...it was so nice having my parents around and seeing them with their first granddaughter, but it was very sad seeing them leave and realizing they won't be around as much as we would like them too...but we are hoping this blog and Skype will make them feel closer to us and those outlets will allow them to see Harper grow even when they live in CA!



We love you Granny & Papa and miss you already!

4 comments:

The Tibbs' said...

Love, love, love it! Date night, lucky you! But yes, I know exactly how you must have felt like... I want to be with my baby! Ah, you got to love motherhood! I actually would love to have your recipe for pulled pork! That sounds good! I think I tried something similar and it turned out real dry! I am so happy that you have this blog! Happy belated Valentines!

Lulu said...

I am glad you all had such a good time and I can;t wait until it's my turn!!

Kris10 said...

Harper can't wait to meet her Aunt Kasey & Uncle Mike!

Anonymous said...

We came away from our stay with you and Chris with such pride....being a mom and dad come so easily to you two and Harper Paisley is the luckiest little munchkin this side of Texas! Leaving you was heart wrenching but our visits will be quality time when we're there or you come to CA and you can't ask for more than that. We love all three (oops 4) of you so very much and can't wait for our next visit. Guess what? Papa came down sick today. He told me for you to tell Harper! hahaha P.S. It was worth it tho cause he LOVED holding her.