Thursday, February 18, 2010

Exercising

I haven't realized just how much I have missed exercising. I mean, I did workout through my first 2 trimesters of my pregnancy and I did lots of yoga in my 3rd trimester but I haven't done any real exercising for awhile. And until my 6 week doctor's appointment post partum I still can't do too much...but until then...I have found some things to keep me moving! At home I am doing squats and lunges while holding my baby girl...funny enough, when she gets fussy these moves actually calm her down! I also have hand weights so I get some arm exercises in whenever I can. And when we are doing tummy time on her activity mat I get some yoga moves in too! I have been also doing lots of walking which is always a great exercise and it feels so great to just get out of the house and be outside! Yesterday we took a walk to a nearby grocery store to pick up a few things and today we met C and her baby girl at Town Lake- so much fun! I currently have a freeze on my gym membership so I have some decisions to make soon about whether I want to go back to my old gym or possibly try out another, more family-friendly one...hmmmmmmmm????

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I was wondering when you would start feeling the urge to get back to it. Exercise was such an important part of your life I would have been very surpised if you didn't miss it, even staying as busy as you are. Exercise is just good for you your mind as much as your body, I get incredibly bitchy when I don't exercise myself.

I think it is great that lunges calm her down too! She is going to be a little athlete, I just know it:)