Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cashew Butter

Ever wonder what to do with leftover nuts if you want to do something other than just eat then on their own? Why not make a nut butter out of them? On one of the daily blogs I read she did just that...she did it with mixed nuts, I had some leftover cashews from a dinner I put them in last night so I decided to give it a try. All you do is throw them in a food processor until they form a paste, so easy! My butter is sitting in my fridge just waiting for a companion...apple, toast, smoothie..there are lots of options, I can't wait! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I have been wanting to do this, but Mike is a nut fanatic and there are no extra nuts to be found! We buy nuts weekly though so I am just going to have to hide some from him to make this. Do you know how long the butter is good for after you make it? I also like the idea of combining nuts to make a unique butter. Yum!

Kris10 said...

I don't know how long it lasts, I stuck mine in the fridge and have been eating on it when I open the fridge ;) A mixture of different nuts would be fun to try for sure!