Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mediterranean Shrimp Wraps

Wanted to share a recipe with you that is easy, healthy and yummy!



Mediterranean Shrimp Wraps



Ingredients:

Basil Pesto

Tortilla Wraps

Baby Spinach Leaves

Raw Shrimp

14 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained & chopped

Diced sun-dried tomatoes

Pine Nuts

Red Pepper Flakes



As you will see, I don't include measurements on some of these items, I usually just adjust a recipe "to taste"...so include the quantity that works for you.



I like to cook the shrimp in some of the basil and a little bit of olive oil to make it like a sauce to lightly coat everything. Throw in the pine nuts, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook at a medium to med-high temp. The only thing you are cooking is the shrimp which won't take long at all. After the shrimp is cooked I let all the ingredients sit for a bit, with the heat off, so the flavors can marry. I serve the shrimp mixture at room temperature. Take a wrap and spread basil pesto on it, top with spinach and shrimp mixture- enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks delicious, thanks love having shrimp recipes.

Lulu said...

I didn't have plans for dinner, but now I think I do!

Lulu said...

I can atest to how great and easy this recipe is. I made it last night and it was fast and very tasty. Thanks for the post!