Sunday, April 25, 2010

Green Rice

So I was watching the Food Network today and kinda stole a recipe I saw on this show, I took the idea of it and put my own little spin on it...and I think it turned out really good. We even roasted poblano peppers on the stove top for the first time, fun!

Green Rice
1 cup Basamati rice (cook according to box directions)
2 roasted poblano peppers (roasted in oven or over a flame on the stove top)
roasted corn (we roasted 2 cobs on the grill)
light sour cream (to taste- depends on how creamy you want it)
monterey jack cheese (to taste)

Cook rice. After roasting the peppers put in a plastic bag or put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap (this creates moisture and helps the charred skin get loose so you can take it off). Remove skin and chop peppers, toss in with rice. Grill corn and take kernels off cobs, toss with rice mixture. Add sour cream and cheese to taste. Stir mixture and put in the microwave to heat everything up and melt cheese. Takes about 3 minutes or so. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

That sound delicious, I love basmati rice and poblanos are mild but flavorful. I actually have a recipe on deck that is seasoned chicken breast grilled, stacked with avaacado, roasted poblanos and cheese. I will let you know how that goes, I am stealing this one though!