Friday, February 4, 2011

Leftovers

My weekly goal lately has been to make at least one dish that I can have for dinner a couple nights, makes life so much easier! This week I made fajitas and we enjoyed chicken fajitas tacos last night and tonight I made a dish with the leftovers that I think turned out pretty darn good. I don't have exact measurements because I just threw this dish together with what I had but you could easily figure that out.

Chicken Fajita Casserole
Leftover chicken fajita meat
Leftover onions & peppers
Whole wheat bowtie pasta
Light sour cream
Small jar of salsa
Low fat shredded mexican cheese
Dash of chile powder and cumin
Crushed tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta to al dente. Chop chicken & veggies to desired size. Toss pasta, chicken, veggies, sour cream, salsa & cheese together and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 mins. Take foil off and top with crushed tortilla and a little more cheese. Broil in the oven until chips are slightly toasted. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

maryann said...

your a girl after my own heart. it's fun to create new dishes from left overs even if you only make it once.