Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pot Roast & Chocolate Cake!

It was a cooking day of firsts yesterday for me! I was inspired by the Pioneer Woman to make my first pot roast...she always makes everything look so delicious and easy so I decided to go for it! Until recently I didn't eat red meat but I have been gradually adding it back into my diet and I am actually enjoying it! After 3 hours simmering in the dutch oven it was ready and came out fabulous! Paired with mashed potatoes it was a perfect meal! But I didn't stop there, my sweet tooth was talking to me so I decided to try making a chocolate cake in the crock pot...wow...warm cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, I was in heaven!!!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Alright, crock pot cake!

I finally watched Pioneer Woman's tv show and I quite liked it. She wasn't as polished as a lot of the Food Network people but I think that is why I liked her. Oh and her food is delicious. You need to try the Tikka Masala and her cinnamon rolls!

Anonymous said...

I have that chocolate cake in the crock pot recipe and it was delicious. what a great meal you had. yumm