Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate Protein Granola

This one is for my sister...actually, she is the one that turned me onto the blog I found this recipe on, Peanut Butter Fingers. The recipe is for Chocolate Protein Granola...I liked the sound and look of it right away, but I was even more pleased when I had all the ingredients to make it already at my house, score!! I was able to whip it up this morning while I fed Harper breakfast! And let me tell you, it smelled like brownies when it was cooking in the oven! I threw it in some plain yogurt with dried cherries and a drizzle of honey and it was super yum!!! It was good just by itself but I am also tempted to buy a little vanilla icecream so I can sprinkle the granola on top!!! You should give it a try!

Chocolate Protein Granola
(Makes four half-cup servings)
Ingredients
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 3 tbsp. water
• 1 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 tsp. canola oil
• 1/2 tsp. coconut extract (vanilla extract will also work)
• 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
• 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
• 2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
Directions
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Combine honey, water, brown sugar, oil and extract in a small bowl until mixed. Stir in cocoa powder and protein powder until fully combined.
• Pour chocolate mixture on top of oats and stir until oats are coated.
• Spread onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

That is too funny, I saw this on the blog and printed out the recipe to try but you beat me to it! I am glad to hear you are a fan, I will definitely be getting it a try this weekend then. What I liked most was that it was all ingredients I usually have on hand so no special trips to the grocery store. Thanks for reminding me about the recipe!