Monday, June 13, 2011

An afternoon away!

Mama headed about an hour out of town to the Fredericksburg area to check out a few wineries on Saturday afternoon in honor of her friend T's Bday! It was a wonderful silent drive out of town...and I do mean silent, I drove the whole way in complete silence and pretty much zoned out, it was lovely!! I met up with the gang at Becker Winery where we made friends with a cool old guy who orchestrated a great tasting for the girls and added a few freebies in too! ;) Next we were off to Lost Creek where unfortunately the experience wasn't as nice but after G justifiably complained about the service we scored a refund on the tasting and two free bottles of wine! We sat outside for awhile under a big oak tree with a beautiful breeze overlooking the vineyard and laughed and chatted like girls do! It was a bummer I couldn't participate with the drinking (although I did have a few sips here and there) but just being with my girls made for a perfect afternoon!!! Happy Birthday T!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you could get away and join us!! Next time we drink to you!!