Friday, April 22, 2011

Using leftovers

Last night was a leftovers night and I decided to get creative.

I decided to use these to make mini pizzas:

I had leftover roasted veggies and turkey sausage so I decided to throw them on a pizza. One pizza was hummus, roasted veggies and feta...the other pizza was roasted broccoli, turkey sausage and italian cheese blend.

I have to say, they turned out pretty good! I put them both on a large cookie sheet and baked them at 350 for 8 mins then I broiled them for a couple more minutes to get the crust nice and toasty! I was a little worried the crust wouldn't hold up but it did. Oh yeah, and I sprayed the bottom of the crust with olive oil spray before putting them on the cookie sheet. You should give it a try!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Yum! That totally looks like a Mike and I meal. Mike loves that flat out bread too but never thought of making pizzas out of them. This is going on the menu!

Kris10 said...

Yeah, this post was for you! :) Let me know what kind of pizza you try. I like that they are small so you can have a couple different kinds!